There are 2 steps involved in configuring postgres sql data base to a spring boot application assuming we already have data base setup.
- Add postgres sql dependency to pom.xml.
2. We need to tell Spring container to look into postgres by changing the
So the list of possible options for
- validate: validate the schema, makes no changes to the database.
- update: update the schema.
- create: creates the schema, destroying previous data.
- create-drop: drop the schema when the SessionFactory is closed explicitly, typically when the application is stopped.
I added spring.jpa.properties.hibernate.jdbc.lob.non_contextual_creation=true as the server is throwing following warning while startup.
java.sql.SQLFeatureNotSupportedException: Method org.postgresql.jdbc42.Jdbc42Connection.createClob() is not yet implemented.
Now restart server and you should see successful db connection logs. When the connection is successful spring container tries to validate the entities in the project to the db tables.